• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

OH DB Monsanna Torbert (Indiana Decommit, ttun Verbal)

11W Forums

KYBuck4858 2 hours ago
Nothing new with Monsanna Torbert per Wiltfong. Michigan still has a clear sizeable NIL offer on the table for him. The path to immediate PT is also available there, as they badly need him (which is why they are offering so much).

Tricky one to get a read on who he will pick tomorrow. The reasons for UM are obvious (what I pointed out above), even though he only visited there once for his OV. But at the same time, we've recruited him for a long time now and he's been on campus at least 4x. His brother (who has an OSU offer) was just on campus multiple times for camp in June too, and Monsanna even came a day early for his OV to watch the camp and hangout with the coaches/players. His brother even took part in his OV pics here. He was just wearing OSU gear at The Opening event last week too. He doesn't seem to hold any kind of grudge that it took us so long to finally offer him. The hard part for us, is that CB is not a big need at all. I can't see us coming anywhere close to being near UM's offer. However, he provides a ton of position flexibility at CB, NB, and S, and Wiltfong thinks he's the best DB in the country. So we shall see...

At the very least, you drive up the price for tsun
Upvote 0

Thread of What You've Eaten, Cooked and/or Drunk Lately

That bacon looks perfect as does the Sammie….nice @DubCoffman62
What's funny is that in Europe they don't even refrigerate it. It hangs on a hook along with ham and other cured meats at room temperature. They slice it as they use it and hang it back up. American food safety standards are a bit drastic.
Upvote 0

OH DB Monsanna Torbert (Indiana Decommit, ttun Verbal)

11W Forums

KYBuck4858 2 hours ago
Nothing new with Monsanna Torbert per Wiltfong. Michigan still has a clear sizeable NIL offer on the table for him. The path to immediate PT is also available there, as they badly need him (which is why they are offering so much).

Tricky one to get a read on who he will pick tomorrow. The reasons for UM are obvious (what I pointed out above), even though he only visited there once for his OV. But at the same time, we've recruited him for a long time now and he's been on campus at least 4x. His brother (who has an OSU offer) was just on campus multiple times for camp in June too, and Monsanna even came a day early for his OV to watch the camp and hangout with the coaches/players. His brother even took part in his OV pics here. He was just wearing OSU gear at The Opening event last week too. He doesn't seem to hold any kind of grudge that it took us so long to finally offer him. The hard part for us, is that CB is not a big need at all. I can't see us coming anywhere close to being near UM's offer. However, he provides a ton of position flexibility at CB, NB, and S, and Wiltfong thinks he's the best DB in the country. So we shall see...
Upvote 0

2027 tOSU Recruiting Discussion

@BuckBackHome :
I think LJsr has always taken the familial approach to recruiting. And it worked very well for decades. But with NIL, the grandpa role only goes so far when OSU was getting outbid by tens of thousands of dollars(if not more). It was said by many OSU insiders if OSU was able to open up check book and get creative to find ways for additional revenue, than we would see LJsr see more success. The '27 class is showing what he can do with an influx of money now(and the OSU athletic dept. realizing that there is no one enforcing anything).
@calibuck :
OSU(and pretty much all D1 programs) utilizes it's NIL for in house deals. BUT they also have access to outside funds from major corporations as well and that is also considered NIL. Your 5star talent is getting a bulk of their NIL from national brands, and little from the OSU collective. That's why OSU is able to match or come close to Tennessee's offer for DGG, or how they were able to secure JJ from Miami and still keep him. I'm sure Jamier Brown's biggest deal is through Adidas, and he'll make very little from the OSU collective. But someone like Jordan Donahoo may have most if not all his NIL come from the collective. But if he becomes a starter than I can see the collective fall back, but then some national brands contact him. I can see Isaiah West have a similar trajectory to that example if he's in the 2 deep the next few years(I could also see frosh like Boyd, Perez and Wilhelm possibly fitting in that scenario as well).
Upvote 0

2026 World Cup (Official Thread)

And your approach is the best, pick your spot and rip it. None of this stutter step idiocy...
The fact they allow it is stupid to begin with, to be honest. Then you add in how many times the moron outpsyches himself and misses the goal by a mile or hits it right at the keeper for the easiest save they've had since the U13s, and it is just a recipe for disaster. The people who are truly good at it don't care where the keeper is...they hit a penalty good enough to beat them anyway 90% of the time.
Upvote 0

The Ohio State Baseball (Official Thread)

The good news is the "higher end" JUCO guys slide right in for Simpson and Eckelman.

Plenty of options at catcher. The JUCO guy, will be Sophomore Austin Rose who's tearing it up in summer wood bat ball, and incoming freshman Jeffrey Claycomb from Texas who was a top 15 catcher recruit nationally.

Hopefully no more last-minute ship jumps before the entry window closes at midnight tonight.
Upvote 0

2026 World Cup (Official Thread)

I joined my high school's soccer team because my friends were on it and it was a way to get out of class. I didn't know what I was doing, but neither did any of the rest of them.......we were very very very bad. During summer conditioning, our practice field was right at the edge of a forest. My buddy suggested that we all boot our penalty kicks well over the goal and deep into the forest. I was trying to fit in, so I volunteered to go first. I blasted that mother fucker as hard as I could. I don't think I've kicked a ball as pure or as hard as I kicked that one. I wanted it to take about 20 minutes to find.

It went directly into the top right corner. Harry Kane couldn't have placed it any better. It hit the top of the net before it hit the back.

And that's how I became the PK guy on my high school soccer team.
And your approach is the best, pick your spot and rip it. None of this stutter step idiocy...
Upvote 0

2026 World Cup (Official Thread)

This made me remember some kind of study they did in Germany about ten years ago relating to success factors in penalty shootouts, because they somehow realized (because they’re Germans :wink2:) that a vast majority of World Cup and UEFA championship league matches were decided on penalty kicks… and they wanted to understand what can be done to prepare better.

So I went back and looked… fwiw here’s the research: https://fis.dshs-koeln.de/en/public...eterminant-of-sport-performance-how-to-succe/

Interesting take… but I guess at some point everyone can learn how to out-German the Germans lol
Upvote 0

2026 World Cup (Official Thread)

Top corner…love those
I joined my high school's soccer team because my friends were on it and it was a way to get out of class. I didn't know what I was doing, but neither did any of the rest of them.......we were very very very bad. During summer conditioning, our practice field was right at the edge of a forest. My buddy suggested that we all boot our penalty kicks well over the goal and deep into the forest. I was trying to fit in, so I volunteered to go first. I blasted that mother fucker as hard as I could. I don't think I've kicked a ball as pure or as hard as I kicked that one. I wanted it to take about 20 minutes to find.

It went directly into the top right corner. Harry Kane couldn't have placed it any better. It hit the top of the net before it hit the back.

And that's how I became the PK guy on my high school soccer team.
Upvote 0

Filter

Latest winning wagers

Back
Top