• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Worst rule in all sports

This stupid rule that you need 3 seconds to spike the ball is pissing me off. BB73 quoted the rule in another thread.
Post #1572

I forget the exact wording now, and I'll probably get it wrong. But the NCAA says it takes a minimum of 2 seconds to spike the ball. If the ball is snapped with 2 seconds or 1 second, it is the last play of the quarter/half/game/whatever (barring penalty).
So if your team snaps it with 2 seconds, and then the ball hits the ground with 1 second left, too fucking bad - the game is over.

Might be the worst rule.
Upvote 0

2026 scUM Shenanigans, Arguments, Arrogant Twatwaffles, Emasculated Cucks, Feckless Marmots, Dirty Cheaters "Mid"chigan

It’s true, there’s a specific NCAA rule about the clock and spiking the ball. It was quoted on page 105 of this thread.

Without the injury stopping the clock, it’s possible that the refs would have started the game clock after moving the chains, and Iowa could have hiked the ball with 2 on the clock, spiked it quickly while the clock still said 1, and then had the B1G refs explain why the 1 second had to be taken away by rule and the game could have literally ended with 1 second on the clock. Of course, that would have been the mystery second from the Western Mich game, and the college football world would have been outraged.
I'm still outraged that that's a rule.
I'm 50 years old and my farts are more athletic than I am.
I'm pretty that if the ball is snapped to me with 0:02 on the clock, I can spike the ball, and the clock will show at least 0:01 when the ball hits the ground. I have to believe that these kids who have been practicing and can run more than 5 steps without getting winded can time the snap and spike in less than 2 seconds.
The only thing I can think of is they don't want to put the pressure on the clock operator. But then, that's just some double-secret guy sitting in the stands, anyway, so who knows.
Upvote 0

2026 scUM Shenanigans, Arguments, Arrogant Twatwaffles, Emasculated Cucks, Feckless Marmots, Dirty Cheaters "Mid"chigan

Huge unsportsmanlike penalty to keep that Iowa drive going. If you watch the film there’s a late hit on qb that goes uncalled on the same play. Fuckers are a mouthy bunch that get away with a lot of bullshit that should be called.
Upvote 0

Cincinnati Bengals (Same Ole Bengals)

What's most disappointing is that they lost this game exactly the same way they've been losing to the Steelers specifically for years now. Decades really.

They always seem so tight and nervous when we play Pittsburgh.

Guys who have been productive for several games suddenly get Alligator arms. Our vaunted pass rush disappears against a very mediocre offensive line.

We suddenly start making mental mistakes. Start committing inexcusable penalties. The coaches start calling the game as if they're desperate.

Like I said earlier. The Steelers are just living in our heads rent free. We don't play the same against them.

I'm really growing tired of it. I just don't see a light at the end of the Pittsburgh tunnel. They own us and it's disgusting.
Upvote 0

Cincinnati Bengals (Same Ole Bengals)

Overall lifetime record against Pittsburgh: 411-490-5
Is this including the Reds?
Pittsburgh Steelers lead series 73-41-0

Maybe there's some big brother complex at play, don't know. But we have beaten them as much as they us over the last seven years. Bengals would have won today if not for going full regard twice on ST.
Upvote 0

Cincinnati Bengals (Same Ole Bengals)

Might be due to indecisiveness or holding out for the big home run pass, resulting in a sack because he held onto it too long. Like today. Just a quick little pass for several yards would have been fine. We all remember last year's 33-31 victory over the squealers, and of course Flacco was QB, and led the offense on a late drive to win it. I'm guessing Flacco is more decisive, quicker with his passes on crucial drives like that, and just takes what's given.

And Burrow wouldn't have been behind late if not for the idiot who tried to pick up the fumble on the punt return instead of just falling on it.
Upvote 0

Filter

Latest winning wagers

Back
Top