• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

OL Coach Tyler Bowen (Official Thread)

We need someone who can recuit and coach. We've had ass recruiting for years finally get a recruiter and the Oline as a unit steps backward
I’m no expert, but it seems to me that the middle three are borderline mauling people. I don’t know that we’ve got any experienced quality tackles on the roster so we’re making due with guys who’d probably be better on the inside, and most of the problems are coming out there or from RB inconsistency in picking up blitzers. We also have, yet again, a new OC and injury issues. If Sayin was quicker at getting off his first reads and deciding when to run, we had an elite RB, and didn’t run a bunch of tight formations, I think the OL would look quite a bit better, although the formational choices likely are in part a result of a lack of confidence in the tackles.
 
Upvote 0
I’m no expert, but it seems to me that the middle three are borderline mauling people. I don’t know that we’ve got any experienced quality tackles on the roster so we’re making due with guys who’d probably be better on the inside, and most of the problems are coming out there or from RB inconsistency in picking up blitzers. We also have, yet again, a new OC and injury issues. If Sayin was quicker at getting off his first reads and deciding when to run, we had an elite RB, and didn’t run a bunch of tight formations, I think the OL would look quite a bit better, although the formational choices likely are in part a result of a lack of confidence in the tackles.
Middle three still struggle with stunts is the issue even after Indiana exposed that weakness last year and Miami beat it into oblivion
 
Upvote 0
I’m no expert, but it seems to me that the middle three are borderline mauling people. I don’t know that we’ve got any experienced quality tackles on the roster so we’re making due with guys who’d probably be better on the inside, and most of the problems are coming out there or from RB inconsistency in picking up blitzers. We also have, yet again, a new OC and injury issues. If Sayin was quicker at getting off his first reads and deciding when to run, we had an elite RB, and didn’t run a bunch of tight formations, I think the OL would look quite a bit better, although the formational choices likely are in part a result of a lack of confidence in the tackles.
Don't bring logic into this....fire everyone including the head guy who wins 87% of the time! yeearrgggghhhh!!
 
Upvote 0
Probably just me, but watching our DL play, see more straight ahead rushing than twists/stunts/whatever. So not certain if LJsr teaches said DL play, but certainly our OL hasn't seen much, or they'd recognize opponents DL schemes, and adjust. Sometimes the OL simply gets outrushed. Their 5* guy looked like he just tossed/slid by the LOT and knocked Sayin down. We've got some talented guys, not elite, but very serviceable. But yeah, tOSU needs better.
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top