• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

LifeSurge and Pablo Torre story

I don't think we need to shoot the messenger just because some players got asked to be spokesmen. Unless the story is "Ohio State bilks religious dopes out of billions", why are we attacking Pablo?
Well he has a reputation for being a bulldog journalist correct? He is putting this out there like it is a big story, and asked OSU for comment, and they had to actually respond with a letter. He specifically mentioned JJ and TSC being there, as if that is newsworthy.

Sometimes the messenger is full of it.

He also was supposedly looking into the Corum allegation, but didn't.

Anyway, I am done talking about it, but once it is put out there with current players, it's at least worthy of mentioning in case it becomes a thing.
 
Upvote 0
Well he has a reputation for being a bulldog journalist correct? He is putting this out there like it is a big story, and asked OSU for comment, and they had to actually respond with a letter. He specifically mentioned JJ and TSC being there, as if that is newsworthy.

Sometimes the messenger is full of it.

He also was supposedly looking into the Corum allegation, but didn't.

Anyway, I am done talking about it, but once it is put out there with current players, it's at least worthy of mentioning in case it becomes a thing.
So, he's doing the job of an investigative journalist? Would you rather he not ask OSU for their side of what happened and just report nonsense?

He's probably the last real journalist alive. Trashing him is a bad look when he hasn't even taken any shots that I've seen. Not that taking shots deserves being trashed either....if those shots are truthful.
 
Upvote 0
So, he's doing the job of an investigative journalist? Would you rather he not ask OSU for their side of what happened and just report nonsense?

He's probably the last real journalist alive. Trashing him is a bad look when he hasn't even taken any shots that I've seen. Not that taking shots deserves being trashed either....if those shots are truthful.
"Trashing" him hasn't happened. Him looking for clickbait is called into question. I have no issue with him or his journalism. But bringing big names to promote a story cheapens it.
 
Upvote 0
So, he's doing the job of an investigative journalist? Would you rather he not ask OSU for their side of what happened and just report nonsense?

He's probably the last real journalist alive. Trashing him is a bad look when he hasn't even taken any shots that I've seen. Not that taking shots deserves being trashed either....if those shots are truthful.
Did he investigate why their being there is relevant before putting their names out there? What is the relevance?

Journalism has to have a point. Unless he found out that they were somehow knowingly part of a scheme, I don't know how putting their names out there in a news piece is relevant. They were there. A year ago. Why should anybody care is my question?

Maybe there is something coming down that is bad, I don't know.

Otherwise at the very least, it seems irresponsible. At least in my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
Did he investigate why their being there is relevant before putting their names out there? What is the relevance?

Journalism has to have a point. Unless he found out that they were somehow knowingly part of a scheme, I don't know how putting their names out there in a news piece is relevant. They were there. A year ago. Why should anybody care is my question?

Maybe there is something coming down that is bad, I don't know.

Otherwise at the very least, it seems irresponsible. At least in my opinion.
He’s not going after JJ at all. He’ll be fine. It’s an example of how this organization operates.

The story is that big names got dragged into this, most likely unknowingly (at least the “kids”. The adults…maybe had an idea of the scheme to some level.)

Anyway, Jeremiah Smith plays football tomorrow and this will not be a story.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, I read about it, and didn't find anything either. That Pablo Torre is apparently a well known investigator, but this looks lame, and calls into question his integrity.

I guess he needs clicks.
Torre is legit and investigating Life Surge is also. The group is really scammy. He mentions the players simply to show the the company uses well known celebrities and athletes to draw people to their seminars. Torre never accuses them of any wrongdoing.
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top