Jagdaddy
Head Coach
I think that there are the local guys who do a show or two, like Buckeye athletes, and then there’s Tebow who essentially toured with them and made at least a couple of million dollars from them for doing so. Whether or not he or the company ever actually crosses the line into illegality isn’t entirely clear, but they surely know that they are using their “Christian” status to build trust that allows them to obtain a lot money from people to give them “training” that at best helps a small minority of them. Here’s a pretty detailed article: https://www.motherjones.com/politic...ds-inside-tim-tebows-favorite-wealth-seminar/Torre is legit and investigating Life Surge is also. The group is really scammy. He mentions the players simply to show the the company uses well known celebrities and athletes to draw people to their seminars. Torre never accuses them of any wrongdoing.
This kind of halo effect marketing (in the sense of because of this positive or similar to you characteristic that I have that logically doesn’t relate to the service I’m selling you can still trust me to provide the service or anything else) always raises my suspicions. I tend to avoid any business that advertises itself as, for example, Christian or veteran-owned unless that positive association seems to be relevant (e.g., the veteran-owned business is offering weapons training).
Last edited:
Upvote
0