Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
That’s the biggest difference between Portnoy and McAfee - Portnoy just screams and trolls, he has no charm. He’s way too combative for mainstream tv. Unable to provide legitimate analytics and respectful discord with athletes, coaches, and colleagues on counter arguments. He’s too arrogant for a couple-hour-long segment. Taking away my bias, he still has no redeeming qualities to draw in audiences, and it’s why he’s more successful on quick Twitter rants.
View attachment 96101
Portnoy McAfee and Carton get off my lawn.That’s the biggest difference between Portnoy and McAfee - Portnoy just screams and trolls, he has no charm. He’s way too combative for mainstream tv. Unable to provide legitimate analytics and respectful discord with athletes, coaches, and colleagues on counter arguments. He’s too arrogant for a couple-hour-long segment. Taking away my bias, he still has no redeeming qualities to draw in audiences, and it’s why he’s more successful on quick Twitter rants.
View attachment 96101
It was inevitable that I ask why Fox would put him on air. They had a fairly decent product and decided to FAFO. The above is exactly how I reconciled it.Barstool was Fox's response to Pat McAfee.
Barstool's trolling bro humor plays well in online communities, but not on mainstream tv.
McAfee is bro humor but built more for mainstream audiences.
I think it just didn't work for Fox.
Portnoy's only thing he seems to have is trolling Day and OSU, which probably pissed off OSU, and they flexed some muscle. Protecting one's image this day and age is huge.
It over all probably wasn't landing and it was a easy business decision for Fox.
Just my guess.
I don't watch any pregame shows.It was inevitable that I ask why Fox would put him on air. They had a fairly decent product and decided to FAFO. The above is exactly how I reconciled it.
The networks’ (ESPN & FOX) poor decisions regarding on-air talent have directly impacted what I do before games. I used to do Game Day and then did Fox up until they had what’s his face… now I just turn on the game a couple of minutes before the kick. I get better analysis on YouTube and here.
I suspect I’m not the only one who has that or a similar story.
It was inevitable that I ask why Fox would put him on air. They had a fairly decent product and decided to FAFO. The above is exactly how I reconciled it.
The networks’ (ESPN & FOX) poor decisions regarding on-air talent have directly impacted what I do before games. I used to do Game Day and then did Fox up until they had what’s his face… now I just turn on the game a couple of minutes before the kick. I get better analysis on YouTube and here.
I suspect I’m not the only one who has that or a similar story.
True story
Me neither. Apparently somebody does that this is a thing. Probably goes toward a older crowd.I don't watch any pregame shows.