• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

2026 scUM Shenanigans, Arguments, Arrogant Twatwaffles, Emasculated Cucks, Feckless Marmots, Dirty Cheaters "Mid"chigan

It’s true, there’s a specific NCAA rule about the clock and spiking the ball. It was quoted on page 105 of this thread.

Without the injury stopping the clock, it’s possible that the refs would have started the game clock after moving the chains, and Iowa could have hiked the ball with 2 on the clock, spiked it quickly while the clock still said 1, and then had the B1G refs explain why the 1 second had to be taken away by rule and the game could have literally ended with 1 second on the clock. Of course, that would have been the mystery second from the Western Mich game, and the college football world would have been outraged.
I'm still outraged that that's a rule.
I'm 50 years old and my farts are more athletic than I am.
I'm pretty that if the ball is snapped to me with 0:02 on the clock, I can spike the ball, and the clock will show at least 0:01 when the ball hits the ground. I have to believe that these kids who have been practicing and can run more than 5 steps without getting winded can time the snap and spike in less than 2 seconds.
The only thing I can think of is they don't want to put the pressure on the clock operator. But then, that's just some double-secret guy sitting in the stands, anyway, so who knows.
 
Upvote 0
I'm still outraged that that's a rule.
I'm 50 years old and my farts are more athletic than I am.
I'm pretty that if the ball is snapped to me with 0:02 on the clock, I can spike the ball, and the clock will show at least 0:01 when the ball hits the ground. I have to believe that these kids who have been practicing and can run more than 5 steps without getting winded can time the snap and spike in less than 2 seconds.
The only thing I can think of is they don't want to put the pressure on the clock operator. But then, that's just some double-secret guy sitting in the stands, anyway, so who knows.
They need game clocks with tenths of a second.

The Rams just hiked it with 3 seconds left and it only took 1 second to spike it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
They need game clocks with tenths of a second.

The Rams just hiked it with 3 seconds left and it only took 1 second to spike it.
The reason they don't is football only deals in whole seconds. That's why the spike rule is the way it is. If the ball is spiked After the 0:01 point but before it hits 0:00, by rule that last fraction of a second has to tick off. Game over. That's why BIG officials doubly screwed over WMU. Even by their own super secret clock, it already showed 0:01 before the WMU defender touched the ball but not yet 0:00. Therefore, it was less than a full second remaining even by their wrong clock. Game over by either clock.
 
Upvote 0


Just sayin': Too bad you are not 0-4. I just hope that at the end of the season you feel like your 0-12......:nod:

Yeah, That'd be great - Office Space Lumbergh - quickmeme
 
Back
Top