• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Texas Longhorns (big hat, no cattle; please don’t Horns Down us)

Texas' Colin Simmons apologizes for miming urinating on field​



"I also do want to say I apologize for the celebration," he said. "I was definitely in that mode, feeling myself. But, you know, it happens. Charge it to the game."

Simmons said he heard from players and coaches about the penalty.

"But next-play mentality," he added. "We don't we don't harp on that."

The penalty drew the ire of Longhorns coach Steve Sarkisian.

"We took him out, we addressed it, and put him back in," he said. "I mean, at that point, I'm not going to give the guy the death penalty, right, over an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. We got to fix it though, right? That can't continue as we move forward.

"And so as I touched on with the team in the locker, and we'll address that on Monday and what that looks like and how to control our emotions. ... The best thing you can do is go celebrate with a teammate."
.
.
.
continued
 
Upvote 0
825292073_28807786225501140_7379639940030004624_n.jpg


:lol:
 
Upvote 0

Texas AD Chris Del Conte condemns Longhorns' celebrations: 'Cannot happen again'​

The Longhorns AD did not hold back on the vulgar celebrations of Colin Simmons and Raleek Brown from last week's win over Tennessee​

Last weekend, Colin Simmons and Raleek Brown drew significant attention to themselves and the Texas football program, with the bad press outweighing the good. Athletic director Chris Del Conte is adamant that players only cast the university in a positive light moving forward.

In the first half of No. 1 Texas' win over Tennessee, Simmons got to Volunteers quarterback Faizon Brandon for one of the program's record 5.5 sacks before pretending to urinate on the field. Not only did that draw a flag, but it drew plenty of negative press over the next few days.

Later in the game, after his fourth-quarter touchdown run, Brown pretended to wipe his groin before bringing it to his face and falling backward. Fortunately for the Horns, that celebration was not flagged, but it did get noticed by everyone watching at home.

In his weekly Forty Acres Insider newsletter, Del Conte didn't mince words when condemning the vulgar celebrations.

"I'm not happy about that," Del Conte wrote. "I know none of us are, and it was embarrassing to our proud and widely respected football team, athletics program and university. It certainly raised very warranted concerns that many of you shared with me, drew a lot of attention, and I understand why."

Del Conte added that such actions will not be tolerated by the football program or the university, and he also supported Steve Sarkisian's strong stance against them.

"As he said, it is unacceptable and will not be tolerated," Del Conte wrote. "The message is clear -- the players' conduct did not reflect the values of Texas Athletics or our university and cannot happen again."
.
.
.
continued
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top