• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Penn State Cult (Joe Knew)

:slappy: I forgot they believe this
Apparently during their completely botched coaching search, their AD DID speak with Urban, but in reality it was to get some advice on who might be available. Urban has talked about that. He never wanted the job but said it was a top job opportunity for someone. They still believe Urban was all lined up to replace Paterno until the shit went down with the Sandusky scandal. Crazy Joe Lubrano ( JoeBot and BOT member) said it was true so they believe it. They seem to forget the whole timeline though. The worst kept secret around Columbus and OSU during the 2011 season was that OSU was going to hire Urban and by the time the scandal broke and Paterno was fired in early November that year it was pretty much a done deal. Urban was announced as the new Head Coach the day after The Game.
 
Upvote 0
I said it then, I'll say it forever...

Matt Campbell was the closest thing to a clone of James Franklin as you'll ever see.

From all signs he's an incredibly well-liked man and I think that greatly inflated his coaching stock. The talk of this being an A+ hire...I never saw that. Chesney would have been infinitely better, Sumrall, Braun, Diekert from Wake, etc. etc. Those fans are in for deja vu.
 
Upvote 0
I said it then, I'll say it forever...

Matt Campbell was the closest thing to a clone of James Franklin as you'll ever see.

From all signs he's an incredibly well-liked man and I think that greatly inflated his coaching stock. The talk of this being an A+ hire...I never saw that. Chesney would have been infinitely better, Sumrall, Braun, Diekert from Wake, etc. etc. Those fans are in for deja vu.
Yeah, I’m thinking the guy who was occasionally above average in the Big12 isn’t the one that’s going to bring Penn State to the promised land.
 
Upvote 0
What, swapping out their roster with Iowa State wasn't a good move? They should have been happy with being "not elite".
Screen_Shot_2016-03-31_at_5.11.02_PM.0.0.1510546476.png
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top