• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Ohio State Men's Basketball (2026-27 Official Thread)

I don't want to overreact to an outdoor exhibition loss in October, but that being said, you don't want to have your bigs getting 4 and 5 fouls in 16 and 17 minutes. You can't have that in games that matter. Perhaps the refs in the exhibition were just whistle-happy. Anthony Thompson needs to be much more of a scorer for this team - if he's only going to get 2 points per game this season, the Buckeyes are in a lot more trouble than I thought. I will also say it's very concerning if Ivan is the best big man on this team - he is not a starting-level post player on a B1G contender.
 
Upvote 0
Believe I saw the same things as you did, DZ. Looking at the minutes, the bigs split time, but 5 fouls in 17 minutes kinda sorta means that either clumsy, or playing hard. Didn't watch, so hope it was playing hard. Admittedly plenty of rust, so let's hope cleans up. Also shooting %ages were not as high as would have liked. Don't really mind an exhibition loss, as gives Diebs a chance to assess the team in live action. Indicates, to me at least, that tOSU guys aren't as far along as would have hoped. Got a lot of growing up to do.
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top