• Follow us on Twitter @buckeyeplanet and @bp_recruiting, like us on Facebook! Enjoy a post or article, recommend it to others! BP is only as strong as its community, and we only promote by word of mouth, so share away!
  • Consider registering! Fewer and higher quality ads, no emails you don't want, access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Even if you just want to lurk, there are a lot of good reasons to register!

Indiana is No Worse than Miss. St.

Plum Diamonds Lab Grown Diamond Rings

kn1f3party

Hall of Fame
Buckeye513 said:
Everyone keeps saying "It's Just Indiana".

I think we do need to gain some confidence after this win. Hopefully the same players will get the start against Penn St. However, we do need to consider our opponent because all of our problems weren't solved today. Until next week, lets enjoy a great homecoming victory.
 
Upvote 0

Buckeye513

Stable Genius
kn1f3party said:
I think we do need to gain some confidence after this win. Hopefully the same players will get the start against Penn St. However, we do need to consider our opponent because all of our problems weren't solved today. Until next week, lets enjoy a great homecoming victory.
Is it in Happy Valley or The 'Shoe next week?
 
Upvote 0

ScarletArrow

I'm wearing Gold Pants
Anyone who thinks our problems have been solved by inserting Pittman and Smith into the lineup full-time is delusional.

I was glad to see a better effort, now it's time for consistency.

The best thing JT did today is renew the competition with the freshman (Gonzalez, Rehring, et. al.)
 
Upvote 0

DEBuckeye

It ain't easy, bein' cheesy.
I don't give a shit whether it was "just Indiana" or not. We got a big win today, which has got to be a big confidence booster to the team. Granted, we've got some work to do, and one win over the Hoosiers doesn't change that. But one thing that this team has lacked in the past few weeks is cohesiveness and confidence, and if we can get some of that back vs. Indiana, then so be it.

You're an idiot if you shrug this off as nothing. We go into next week vs. Penn St. (did you see what they did vs. Iowa?) on a high note. A win over the Lions will send us into a tough finishing stretch with a confident team, and you can't underestimate the importance of that.
 
Upvote 0

Clarity

Will Bryant
Staff member
I think I've more or less read every post that's hit the forums today, and I'm missing something. Who said (or even suggested) that today's win was nothing?

Many suggested it's not immensely meaningful in terms of evidence that real progress has been made in areas we come up lacking, but I didn't see anyone saying "big fuckin' deal" about our first W in 4 games.

Just curious, wasn't sure where that comment came from.

Not dumping on you (or anyone else for that matter, in any of my posts today with only one possible minor exception early on), just trying to follow along.


DEBuckeye said:
I don't give a shit whether it was "just Indiana" or not. We got a big win today, which has got to be a big confidence booster to the team. Granted, we've got some work to do, and one win over the Hoosiers doesn't change that. But one thing that this team has lacked in the past few weeks is cohesiveness and confidence, and if we can get some of that back vs. Indiana, then so be it.

You're an idiot if you shrug this off as nothing. We go into next week vs. Penn St. (did you see what they did vs. Iowa?) on a high note. A win over the Lions will send us into a tough finishing stretch with a confident team, and you can't underestimate the importance of that.
 
Upvote 0

ScarletArrow

I'm wearing Gold Pants
Clarity said:
I think I've more or less read every post that's hit the forums today, and I'm missing something. Who said (or even suggested) that today's win was nothing?

Many suggested it's not immensely meaningful in terms of evidence that real progress has been made in areas we come up lacking, but I didn't see anyone saying "big fuckin' deal" about our first W in 4 games.
Every win counts for something, especially those wins that break 3 game losing streaks.

My point is that we can't assume that IU win has been the panacea of our offensive woes.

If we go out and lay an egg next week, the IU win means less than we think it does today.

Not be a killjoy - but I want to see how this weeks depth chart shake up and new found emotion develop over a couple of weeks.
 
Upvote 0
Top