• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Indiana Hoosiers (2025 National Champions)

it’s what all the big programs should be doing.

These smaller schools need the money anyhow with less OOC games for the big conferences. You get great experience for back ups, you stay healthier, and I think Indiana is banking on the fact that there’s more risk in losing these games than there’s upside in winning them.

I think they’re right.

We very well could be out of the playoffs if we drop 2 more games even if they’re close and even if they’re to top 10 teams. There’s absolutely a world where we finish 9-3 with 3 losses coming by a total of 3 points yet we are out of the playoffs despite losses to 3 top 10 teams.

It risks a lot. But let’s see how this year ends up.

If the scenario above happens and we miss the playoffs we better cancel those OOC games with UGA etc
As much as I hate it, I TOTALLY agree.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same, heck I disagree with what I’m saying by heart. I’d prefer to play the tough games because they’re fun. There’s nothing like waking up on game day knowing you have a tough game later that day.

But if a loss means the buckeyes don’t make the playoffs due to playing in the most difficult conference in college football… then no thanks.

In a year like this where we may end up playing a bunch of high level teams. The extra top 5 OOC matchup really is quite the risk. I have a suspicion we won’t be given the credit for having the balls if we happen to end up with 3 losses (not saying we will).
 
Upvote 0
Same, heck I disagree with what I’m saying by heart. I’d prefer to play the tough games because they’re fun. There’s nothing like waking up on game day knowing you have a tough game later that day.

But if a loss means the buckeyes don’t make the playoffs due to playing in the most difficult conference in college football… then no thanks.

In a year like this where we may end up playing a bunch of high level teams. The extra top 5 OOC matchup really is quite the risk. I have a suspicion we won’t be given the credit for having the balls if we happen to end up with 3 losses (not saying we will).
Which is why the B1G is pushing for 24 team playoff.

Now you can have more quality OOC games and not kill your odds of making the playoffs.
 
Upvote 0
IU has always had one of the weakest schedules since I can remember. Partly because, well, they were a weak team so they had to go even lower to get “buy” wins.

They kept that practice and nothing will change now. If teams (Cig) are bringing in 30+ transfers why not get “preseason” reps vs. tomato cans.

All this, and they get rival Purdue as one of power conference’s historically worst programs lately.

2016
@FIU (4-8)
Ball State (4-8)
Wake Forest (7-6)

2017
Virgina (6-7)
Georgia Southern (2-10)
Charleston Southern (6-5)

2018
FIU (9-4)
Virginia (8-5)
Ball State (4-8)

2019
Ball State (5-7)
Eastern Illinois (1-11)
UConn (2-10)

2020 - N/A

2021
Idaho (4-7)
Cincinnati (13-1)
Western Kentucky (9-5)

2022
Idaho (7-5)
Western Kentucky (9-5)
Cincinnati (9-4)

2023
Indiana State (1-10)
Louisville (10-4)
Akron (2-10)

2024
FIU (4-8)
Western Illinois (4-8)
Charlotte (5-7)

2025
Old Dominion (10-3)
Kennesaw State (10-4)
Indiana State (3-9)

2026
North Texas (3-2)
Howard (2-3)
Western Kentucky (2-4)
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top