• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Cleveland Browns (Factory of Sadness)

Dillon Gabriel already had a phantom back injury to go on IR, so they are just waiting for something to justify putting Watson on there. Maybe a hang nail, maybe he slips and falls in the shower, who knows.

I think that's what they are hoping for. I'm sure the moron fan base will boo him as soon as he steps on the field next week, even after winning a game and outplaying the guy he replaced. Noted; neither of them were the answer at QB, and Sanders and Manning aren't either. Side note, there's no way Dawand is worse than the stiff they have at RT.

I think I'm at under 50% that Monkin is back as HC next year. They'll probably fire him and hire Schwartz.
 
Upvote 0
I think that's what they are hoping for. I'm sure the moron fan base will boo him as soon as he steps on the field next week, even after winning a game and outplaying the guy he replaced. Noted; neither of them were the answer at QB, and Sanders and Manning aren't either. Side note, there's no way Dawand is worse than the stiff they have at RT.

I think I'm at under 50% that Monkin is back as HC next year. They'll probably fire him and hire Schwartz.
There is zero doubt the fans will boo next weekend. I’ll be there to watch.

That said, Browns fans are easy to please. If you play well, they’ll cheer. If you play like shit, they’ll boo. It just so happens that the quarter bil guy under center has done a combination of the following: played like shit repeatedly, been injured, injured again while being already injured, threw the fans and media under the bus, and happy to simply collect a paycheck with no accountability.

He has also shown he’s capable of running the show with a limited sample size. His game against the ravens a couple years ago was spectacular. He definitely outplayed Baker yesterday. If he plays well this Sunday, the fans will give him a little bit of rope. The moment he fucks up, boo birds come out in full force.

They are quite simply desperate for something to cheer about. I’m no Watson apologist either. I think he’s a broken football player. We’ll see which player puts the straps on this Sunday. As a fan who wants to see the team win, I hope we get serviceable Watson, not busted ass mental midget Watson.
 
Upvote 0
There is zero doubt the fans will boo next weekend. I’ll be there to watch.

That said, Browns fans are easy to please. If you play well, they’ll cheer. If you play like shit, they’ll boo. It just so happens that the quarter bil guy under center has done a combination of the following: played like shit repeatedly, been injured, injured again while being already injured, threw the fans and media under the bus, and happy to simply collect a paycheck with no accountability.

He has also shown he’s capable of running the show with a limited sample size. His game against the ravens a couple years ago was spectacular. He definitely outplayed Baker yesterday. If he plays well this Sunday, the fans will give him a little bit of rope. The moment he fucks up, boo birds come out in full force.

They are quite simply desperate for something to cheer about. I’m no Watson apologist either. I think he’s a broken football player. We’ll see which player puts the straps on this Sunday. As a fan who wants to see the team win, I hope we get serviceable Watson, not busted ass mental midget Watson.

I'm actually shocked that they haven't announced some phantom injury that nobody saw, but will keep him out the rest of the season like after that Ravens game in 23. I guess it's still early on Monday.
 
Upvote 0
DW's final gift to Jerrah was to win just enough to make sure he can’t get Arch :slappy:
If the Browns leadership should have learned ANYTHING from DW, it should be "don't force a guy into being your franchise QB if he's not good enough" ... hopefully they've learned their lesson and don't mis-evaluate again.

I'm not a talent projection expert by any means, but ultimately there is a very big two-part question. It is, 1) is there a franchise QB-level player in this draft, and 2) if so, do the Browns have the assets to go up and get him? If either is a NO, they need to stop the QB draft talk there and build up the rest of the team for another year, unsatisfying as it may seem. The OL still could use another 1st round talent, and DE probably as well. And if someone like Jacoby Brissett is actually better than the QBs they have coming back next year, then they need to be willing to upgrade through free agency.
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top