• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

2026 tOSU Offense Discussion

tOSU missed by not going after Cam Edwards in the portal and I mentioned at the time I didn't see an elite RB on this roster.

I will say, Bo is about as talented as they come in terms of catching the ball out of the backfield. Even prior to his one-handed catch against Illinois, he's proven extremely reliable when it comes to making catches on swing passes, screens, etc. So props on that.....and 1 reason it makes sense to play him over Jakobi.....it doesn't tip off run or pass.
Has that even been called this year. I missed the Texas game, but I can’t recall seeing a RB screen/swing pass or a wheel route.
 
Upvote 0
Has that even been called this year. I missed the Texas game, but I can’t recall seeing a RB screen/swing pass or a wheel route.
It's not a traditional screen, but yes, we have utilized Bo on designed throws.

(3) Times they've snapped it to Sayin where he looks off the defense to one direction, and Bo runs latterly to the opposite side, and a TE That initially stays in as a blocker ends up releasing and becomes the lead blocker. We've used that play pretty consistently the last 3 years with pretty solid effectiveness.
 
Upvote 0
It's not a traditional screen, but yes, we have utilized Bo on designed throws.

(3) Times they've snapped it to Sayin where he looks off the defense to one direction, and Bo runs latterly to the opposite side, and a TE That initially stays in as a blocker ends up releasing and becomes the lead blocker. We've used that play pretty consistently the last 3 years with pretty solid effectiveness.
I’ll look for it against Iowa. Just don’t recall seeing anything but a WR screen to Jeremiah
 
Upvote 0
The way it's designed it doesn't look like a screen....it looks like Sayin in making a progression and dumping it to Bo in flat......but it's absolutely a designed play to get Bo the ball in space with a lead blocker.

While #4 is in the game?

If so, I have a real problem with this play.
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top