• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

2026 tOSU Defense Discussion

Skimming the early comments from coaches, they may very well be intentionally running a deep rotation to set up for the long haul.

If it works and you get to the playoffs with a deeper, experienced pool of players that are playing at a higher level-then I guess it's worth some September angst.

If it works. Not going to be easy on the eyes until then.
I'm ok with guys learning on the job and they'll blow coverages and assignments until they get it right. It happens but do it at 100 miles an hour.

What I was losing my shit over was when we had guys there to make the play and then they somehow break it open for a huge gain. Wtf was that?? That's not our Defense. It seems that they are getting bogged down with paralysis by analysis and failed to finish.

We had great upperclassmen last year so the complicated levels of the Defense is likely 90% the reason the new faces are struggling. Hopefully it all slows way down for them soon.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm ok with guys learning on the job and they'll blow coverages and assignments until they get it right. It happens but do it at 100 miles an hour.

What I was losing my shit over was when we had guys there to make the play and then they somehow break it open for a huge gain. Wtf was that?? That's not our Defense. It seems that they aye getting bogged down with paralysis by analysis and failed to finish.

We had great upperclassmen last year so the complicated levels of the Defense is likely 90% the reason the new faces are struggling. Hopefully it all slows way down for them soon.
Yeah there were a number of big runs specifically where it seemed like there was no where to go but somehow he’d pop out the other side
 
Upvote 0
Yeah there were a number of big runs specifically where it seemed like there was no where to go but somehow he’d pop out the other side

Mhm, poor gap integrity is a common ailment amongst young linebackers at this level, it's all about containing your aggressiveness, I think TJ and Riley have enough play making ability/aggression that's it's worth dealing with the learning curve, once they play with the proper amount of patience, were in the money
 
Upvote 0
Mhm, poor gap integrity is a common ailment amongst young linebackers at this level, it's all about containing your aggressiveness, I think TJ and Riley have enough play making ability/aggression that's it's worth dealing with the learning curve, once they play with the proper amount of patience, were in the money
Riley is a flat out stud and Allegro is worth every penny in NIL we got him to sign with and more. We need more from the third guy whomever it ends up being
 
Upvote 0

Sort of checks out for how it felt the team played.

Just not sure how you justify certain players playing.

I believe in Sanchez but that was a rough one for him

Edited: I think Sanchez is one you obviously keep playing.

I think they have to get back to more zone. That was a disaster vs Illinois. I think that’s partially what led to some of the bigger runs because when it’s man you can’t rally to the ball as you can when in zone. Just have to find ways to stay gap sound up front and then mix their coverages.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top