• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.
Who on the list of voters is qualified to do much more than flip burgers if they weren't a sportswriter/media personality?
If your question is rhetorical, then you make a good point.

If your question is supposed to be answered, I'll answer it. I don't even recognize most of the names on that list. Here's the blokes I do know:
Rece Davis - An SEC homer, but I think he isn't as much of a homer as most people accuse him of being. He's okay on that list.
Nicole Auerbach - I don't know much about her. I think she works for ESPN, so she must have passed her SEC test. I'm neutral on her.
Adam Lichtenstein - I don't know him at all. But with a name like that, he should be on the list. Lichtenstein. Awesome.
John Johnson - I don't know him, but just as I dig Adam Lichtenstein on the list, get this effer off the list. His parents couldn't be at least a little more creative? Eff those effers.
Mike Hill - I know a dude named Mike Hill. But I don't care otherwise.
Lia Assimakopoulos - I'm guessing this is a woman? She belongs on the list, too, and her job is to order lunch for everyone. Put it under your name. Then we take bets to see if they spell her name correctly.
Chris Carter - Why is he spelling his name with an H? Cris Carter. Jerks. He's cool.
David Jablonski - Sounds like a good dude to take to the strip club. He might disappear for 30 minutes, but that's because he's paying for 5 strippers to give him lap dances at the same time.
Randy Johnson - You gotta give a spot to the Big Unit.

So, I know it isn't a full sample of the guys, but I've graded 8 of the voters (including McMurphy, but not including Auerbach or Mike Hill) and decided that 6 can stay. So extrapolate that to me agreeing that 25% of the list of voters should be fired. 75% can stay in some capacity or other.
 
Upvote 0


AP Top 25 — Through Games SEP. 26, 2026
Rank Team Record Conference Points Change
1 TEXAS 4-0 SEC 1,737 (62) –
2 GEORGIA 4-0 SEC 1,646 (6) –
3 NOTRE DAME 4-0 FBS Independents 1,581 –
4 MIAMI (FL) 4-0 ACC 1,501 (1) ▲ 2
5 OHIO STATE 3-1 Big Ten 1,465 ▲ 2
6 INDIANA 4-0 Big Ten 1,408 (1) ▼ 1
7 ALABAMA 4-0 SEC 1,305 ▲ 1
8 FLORIDA 4-0 SEC 1,272 ▲ 13
9 OLE MISS 3-1 SEC 1,089 ▼ 5
10 BYU 3-0 Big 12 1,078 –
11 LSU 3-1 SEC 1,073 –
12 TEXAS TECH 4-0 Big 12 1,053 –
13 UTAH 4-0 Big 12 903 ▲ 4
14 IOWA 4-0 Big Ten 856 ▲ 4
15 OREGON 3-1 Big Ten 725 –
16 MISSISSIPPI STATE 4-0 SEC 715 NEW
17 TENNESSEE 3-1 SEC 663 ▼ 3
18 USC 4-1 Big Ten 410 ▼ 6
19 OKLAHOMA STATE 3-1 Big 12 345 NEW
20 HOUSTON 3-1 Big 12 278 ▲ 2
21 SMU 3-1 ACC 246 ▲ 1
22 BOISE STATE 3-1 Mountain West 221 NEW
23 UCLA 4-0 Big Ten 218 NEW
24 KENTUCKY 3-1 SEC 150 NEW
25 MISSOURI 3-1 SEC 118 ▼ 5

USA Today Coaches Poll — Released September 26

Rank Team Record Conference Points Change
1 TEXAS 4-0 SEC 1779 (45) –
2 GEORGIA 4-0 SEC 1735 (17) –
3 NOTRE DAME 4-0 FBS Independents 1641 (3) –
4 MIAMI (FL) 4-0 ACC 1569 ▲ 1
5 INDIANA 4-0 Big Ten 1554 (8) ▼ 1
6 OHIO STATE 3-1 Big Ten 1463 ▲ 1
7 ALABAMA 4-0 SEC 1399 ▲ 1
8 FLORIDA 4-0 SEC 1214 ▲ 14
9 BYU 3-0 Big 12 1166 –
10 TEXAS TECH 4-0 Big 12 1108 –
11 LSU 3-1 SEC 1097 –
12 OLE MISS 3-1 SEC 1021 ▼ 6
13 UTAH 4-0 Big 12 917 ▲ 2
14 IOWA 4-0 Big Ten 887 ▲ 3
15 OREGON 3-1 Big Ten 866 ▲ 1
16 MISSISSIPPI STATE 4-0 SEC 658 ▲ 11
17 TENNESSEE 3-1 SEC 648 ▼ 4
18 USC 4-1 Big Ten 511 ▼ 6
19 SMU 3-1 ACC 327 ▲ 6
20 HOUSTON 3-1 Big 12 301 ▲ 6
21 DUKE 4-0 ACC 230 ▲ 7
22 PENN STATE 3-1 Big Ten 207 ▼ 8
23 UCLA 4-0 Big Ten 183 ▲ 14
24 MICHIGAN 3-1 Big Ten 166 ▼ 6
25 MISSOURI 3-1 SEC 152 ▼ 4
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top