• Follow us on Twitter @buckeyeplanet and @bp_recruiting, like us on Facebook! Enjoy a post or article, recommend it to others! BP is only as strong as its community, and we only promote by word of mouth, so share away!
  • Consider registering! Fewer and higher quality ads, no emails you don't want, access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Even if you just want to lurk, there are a lot of good reasons to register!
Plum Diamonds Lab Grown Diamond Rings

MistriBuck

aka MartyrBuck
i think it's pretty presumptious to say that if he knew he could get an offer from OSU that he would have waited, Ginn said in that article that he always wanted to go to Wisconsin.................also the supposed theory is that Ginn has all of his kids wait to gain exposure for other recruits, and whether there was a potential pending offer from OSU or not shouldn't have had any bearing on his decision to wait and take visits...........because if he was following the plan, he would have taken all of his visits to gain exposure for his teammates, i guess he's pretty selfish
 
MistriBuck said:
...........because if he was following the plan, he would have taken all of his visits to gain exposure for his teammates, i guess he's pretty selfish
:(

que? too many assumtpions dude....lets not label or call the kid out for making a decision about HIS future. I'm sure coach Ginn is satisfied (hint: an assumtpion) with young Devons decision.......
 
Upvote 0

AKAK

Well, that's like hypnotizing chickens.
Staff member
Tech Admin
MistriBuck said:
i think it's pretty presumptious to say that if he knew he could get an offer from OSU that he would have waited, Ginn said in that article that he always wanted to go to Wisconsin.................also the supposed theory is that Ginn has all of his kids wait to gain exposure for other recruits, and whether there was a potential pending offer from OSU or not shouldn't have had any bearing on his decision to wait and take visits...........because if he was following the plan, he would have taken all of his visits to gain exposure for his teammates, i guess he's pretty selfish

Oh boy. :shake:
 
Upvote 0

jwinslow

A MAN OF BETRAYED JUSTICE
Staff member
Tourney Pick'em Champ
MistriBuck said:
i think it's pretty presumptious to say that if he knew he could get an offer from OSU that he would have waited, Ginn said in that article that he always wanted to go to Wisconsin.................also the supposed theory is that Ginn has all of his kids wait to gain exposure for other recruits, and whether there was a potential pending offer from OSU or not shouldn't have had any bearing on his decision to wait and take visits...........because if he was following the plan, he would have taken all of his visits to gain exposure for his teammates, i guess he's pretty selfish
I'm assuming Homan and Wells are also selfish for doing so. Or they wanted to finalize a decision they felt good about. Let's not make assumptions about this kids selfishness, especially one who was willing to not play himself up on signing day and will now help to recruit kids to Wisconsin all year (if only by his verbal to Wisky). And if there's a school that doesn't need help with exposure in Ohio, its Glenville.
 
Upvote 0

MistriBuck

aka MartyrBuck
i guess he's pretty selfish
tongue-in-cheek dude, notice the wording "supposed theory"........i'm poking fun at fans' presumptions, not making any indictment whatsoever about Daven Jones' character........if you saw any of my previous posts about Glenville you would know exactly what i'm getting at
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

AKAK

Well, that's like hypnotizing chickens.
Staff member
Tech Admin
BuckeyeFROMscUM said:
I'm assuming Homan and Wells are also selfish for doing so. Or they wanted to finalize a decision they felt good about. Let's not make assumptions about this kids selfishness, especially one who was willing to not play himself up on signing day and will now help to recruit kids to Wisconsin all year (if only by his verbal to Wisky). And if there's a school that doesn't need help with exposure in Ohio, its Glenville.

I think Mistri is going to agree with you on this one... just my guess.
 
Upvote 0

Buckeye1

Hall of Fame
MistriBuck said:
i think it's pretty presumptious to say that if he knew he could get an offer from OSU that he would have waited, Ginn said in that article that he always wanted to go to Wisconsin.................also the supposed theory is that Ginn has all of his kids wait to gain exposure for other recruits, and whether there was a potential pending offer from OSU or not shouldn't have had any bearing on his decision to wait and take visits...........because if he was following the plan, he would have taken all of his visits to gain exposure for his teammates, i guess he's pretty selfish
Are you being serious when you say he is selfish??? I looked at it as being truthful to himself and his family (also the other coaching staffs). In addition, some kids might want to get it out of the way so they can focus on their academics and their team goals without all the other distractions as some of them might not be able to handle them together. If I was his teammate, I would want him to focus on our team goals 100%...don't you?
 
Upvote 0

AKAK

Well, that's like hypnotizing chickens.
Staff member
Tech Admin
Okay... everybody let this "selfish" thing go. Its a long, long, long, story, and probably not appropriate for this thread anyway... and everyone be prepared for the mods to either move this portion of the thread or delete these posts
 
Upvote 0

MistriBuck

aka MartyrBuck
I think Mistri is going to agree with you on this one... just my guess.
AKAK, get outta my head!!! :biggrin:........what movie is that from, is that Adam Sandler?...........hell, you may not agree with me most of the time but atleast you get me, you may be the only one who realized my sarcasm........that was meant for those that are familiar with the glenville posts from the past, not meant to cause hysteria by calling a 17 year old kid who i know nothing about, selfish
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

MililaniBuckeye

The satanic soulless freight train that is Ohio St
Staff member
Tech Admin
MistriBuck said:
tongue-in-cheek dude, notice the wording "supposed theory"........i'm poking fun at fans' presumptions, not making any indictment whatsoever about Daven Jones' character........if you saw any of my previous posts about Glenville you would know exactly what i'm getting at

Well, maybe you had better take some more English courses. Your statements clearly belittle Jones' character, whether you intended to do so or not. Dissing recruits is a big no-no in the recruiting forum.
 
Upvote 0

AKAK

Well, that's like hypnotizing chickens.
Staff member
Tech Admin
MililaniBuckeye said:
Well, maybe you had better take some more English courses. Your statements clearly belittle Jones' character, whether you intended to do so or not. Dissing recruits is a big no-no in the recruiting forum.

Actually-- and I can't beleive I'm saying this-- but the point Mistri is trying to make is that Young Mr. Jones is not selfish, contrary to the opinions of some (And by 'some' I mean one particular person to my knowledge) that being part of the "team" at Glenville means, in part, that you should delay making your verbal to draw attention to the Glenville program. The context is pretty sketchy if you don't already know the background.

At any rate, I agree that this isn't an appropriate palce whatsoever for this discussion... and I'll gladly take down all my posts making reference to it, if everyone else does or if the Mods want to delete this line of discussion... its defintely fine withe me.
 
Upvote 0

MistriBuck

aka MartyrBuck
i think my English was pretty clear, and my subsequent explanation...........maybe you need to take some reading comprehension courses?

anyway, my point was poking fun at fans' presumptions and interpretations of the Glenville recruiting "phenomena", as AKAK pointed out.........he may only know of one person that has the particular opinion i was poking fun at, maybe it's not so much here on BP, but atleast on BN, there are all kinds of delusions about it, including people saying "he is one of the kids that the others were trying to get an offer for, he got a big-time offer and took it", which illustrates my point, and is pretty funny in itself to me

i didn't think it would turn into a mess..............it was meant for those that were familiar with the previous discussion about Glenville as a tongue-in-cheek response..........i'm sorry that it warped into such a big deal, i didn't even really expect any response at all to it............and i also have no problem if you decide to delete or move it
 
Upvote 0

osugrad21

Capo Regime
Staff member
MistriBuck said:
i didn't think it would turn into a mess..............it was meant for those that were familiar with the previous discussion about Glenville as a tongue-in-cheek response..........i'm sorry that it warped into such a big deal, i didn't even really expect any response at all to it............and i also have no problem if you decide to delete or move it
If it was anywhere but the recruiting forum, it would be fine or at least within all rules. However, you know how we keep the forum focused on the kids.

No worries
 
Upvote 0
Top