• Follow us on Twitter @buckeyeplanet and @bp_recruiting, like us on Facebook! Enjoy a post or article, recommend it to others! BP is only as strong as its community, and we only promote by word of mouth, so share away!
  • Consider registering! Fewer and higher quality ads, no emails you don't want, access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Even if you just want to lurk, there are a lot of good reasons to register!
Plum Diamonds Lab Grown Diamond Rings

How will it end this time?

bucknut11

Defense still wins Championships
Feb 23, 2004
3,478
540
Canton, OHIO
Since we all know about the curse, what are the opinions for this year's occurrence?

1. A-Rod hits a walk-off homer to win the series
2. Jeter hits a walk-off homer to win the series
3. someone else (a la Boone) hits a walk-off homer to win the series
4. Pedro comes out of the bullpen on short rest and can't hold the lead.
5. Pedro's little friend interferes on a foul ball.
6. Ball rolls thru _____'s legs.
7. Manny misplays a routine fly ball in leftfield
8. BoSox win only to lose in the world series
9. other...
 

scooter1369

HTTR Forever.
Aug 30, 2004
18,597
2,742
51
Hilliard's
bucknut11 said:
Since we all know about the curse, what are the opinions for this year's occurrence?

1. A-Rod hits a walk-off homer to win the series
2. Jeter hits a walk-off homer to win the series
3. someone else (a la Boone) hits a walk-off homer to win the series
4. Pedro comes out of the bullpen on short rest and can't hold the lead.
5. Pedro's little friend interferes on a foul ball.
6. Ball rolls thru _____'s legs.
7. Manny misplays a routine fly ball in leftfield
8. BoSox win only to lose in the world series
9. other...

9. other

Johnny Damon at second. Two outs in the 10th. Ramirez rips a line drive right into A-Rod's rod. The ball rolls toward Jeter who runs past it to help his gay lover and the "Rod". Damon gets home before Rivera can get to the ball and throw it to Posada, who is also crying over the damage to his love life at third.
 
Upvote 0

OSUsushichic

Fired up! Ready to go!
Jul 25, 2003
15,542
2,662
47
Bethesda, MD
scooter1369 said:
9. other

Johnny Damon at second. Two outs in the 10th. Ramirez rips a line drive right into A-Rod's rod. The ball rolls toward Jeter who runs past it to help his gay lover and the "Rod". Damon gets home before Rivera can get to the ball and throw it to Posada, who is also crying over the damage to his love life at third.

I would pay good vCash to see that! :lol:
 
Upvote 0

BB73

Loves Buckeye History
Staff member
Bookie
'16 & '17 Upset Contest Winner
Apr 28, 2004
53,195
34,634
Outside Chicago
How about this:

Sox up 5-4, bottom of the ninth. Yankees load the bases with 2 out. Sheffield facing Pedro. He drills a line drive like a rocket, right into Jeter, who can't get out of the way and is called out, ending the game.

Of course, this is after Manny's blast into the monuments, as described by BN27, gave the Sawx the lead.
 
Upvote 0

BuckeyeNation27

Goal Goal USA!
Staff member
Former FF The Deuce Champ
Apr 6, 2004
38,185
37,515
41
Camp Hill, PA
img355.imageshack.us
BuckeyeBill73 said:
How about this:

Sox up 5-4, bottom of the ninth. Yankees load the bases with 2 out. Sheffield facing Pedro. He drills a line drive like a rocket, right into Jeter, who can't get out of the way and is called out, ending the game.

Of course, this is after Manny's blast into the monuments, as described by BN27, gave the Sawx the lead.
can the line drive hit jeter in the face? or better yet....it hits him in the arm because he was pumping his fist for no reason again. without the fist pump the yankees win.
 
Upvote 0

BB73

Loves Buckeye History
Staff member
Bookie
'16 & '17 Upset Contest Winner
Apr 28, 2004
53,195
34,634
Outside Chicago
can the line drive hit jeter in the face? or better yet....it hits him in the arm because he was pumping his fist for no reason again. without the fist pump the yankees win.
I was thinking of having him knocked unconscious, and he wouldn't realize they lost until he had it explained to him a few minutes later.

But I like the in the arm idea.

Say Jeter's jumping in celebration and that's the only reason the ball hit's him.

In other words, Jeter's 'happy ending' is ruined by premature celebration causing contact with a ball.
 
Upvote 0

tsteele316

Mr. Such and Such
Jul 12, 2004
6,816
2,787
43
red sox up 5-4, bottom of the 10th, NY has a man on second, and two outs. miguel cairo his a slow roller to 3rd, the throw short-hops doug min...whatever, the runner moves to third. In his angst to pick up the errant throw, the 1b kicks the ball into the dugout, allowing the runner to score and cairo to go to 2nd. jeter comes up and hits a seeing eye single that drops between the ss and left fielder to win.
 
Upvote 0

Bucklion

Throwback
Staff member
Former Premier League Champ
May 3, 2004
41,327
37,938
Honestly, I fully expected it to end last night, because when Tony Clark was up with 2 on and 2 out and down two, McCarver (I think) said "He would be a very unlikely hero", and my mind immediately flashed to Aaron Boone, Bucky Dent...


I think that Lowe will get shelled tonight, the Yankees bullpen will give it all away in the 6th and 7th for the tie, Foulke, who has been pushed to the limit, will give up a run in the 8th, and Rivera will close it out in the 9th to win by 1.
 
Upvote 0

wadc45

Bourbon, Bow Ties and Baseball Hats
Staff member
BP Recruiting Team
Jul 13, 2004
31,481
12,569
45
Columbus
www.osurugby.com
George, recovering from that sore wrist in the Visa ads, calls up Aaron Boone's agent around 4:00 PM, convinces Aaron to drop the Indians for a day, Boone flys to NYC, arrives at the stadium around the 8th inning, hugs and kisses, watches the game through the tenth, pinch hits in the 11th against Wakefield (assuming Lowe starts tonight), and drops a series-ending home run into bleachers at Yankee Stadium, thus solidying the Yankees role as the most evil organization ever created.

Love Boone, hate the Spankees...is that obvious?
 
Upvote 0