• New here? Register here now for access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Plus, stay connected and follow BP on Instagram @buckeyeplanet and Facebook.

Cleveland Guardians (2026 Season Thread)

About time we have a series comeback go positively for us!

Heck of an effort by the pitching staff.

Playing with house money against Tampa. I really don't expect much but if Jose keeps delivering we might just have a a chance

Williams' short-rest gem helps Guardians complete ALDS comeback​

The swings and misses kept coming for the Chicago White Sox on Saturday night -- one after the other, after the other.

It was part of a record-setting night for the Guardians' pitching staff, led by starter Gavin Williams, who fanned 12 in his 5⅔ innings in Cleveland's series-clinching 2-0 win in the decisive Game 5 of the ALDS.

The bullpen picked up where Williams left off, striking out nine more batters, pushing the Guardians' total to 21, an MLB record for any nine-inning game, regular season or postseason.
 
Upvote 0
I'm not a huge baseball fan. I've always rooted for Indians / Guardians, but I might have watched 50 innings all season long, before the playoffs.
Other than "they're in our division", why would White Sox fans hate Cleveland?
1791737772439.png
I mean, I don't feel bad about it. Hate Cleveland all you want. But I'm just curious if there's some back-story to this. Did Cleveland steal their prize donkey, or something?

Edit - laughing emoji.
1791738044670.png
 
Upvote 0
I'm not a huge baseball fan. I've always rooted for Indians / Guardians, but I might have watched 50 innings all season long, before the playoffs.
Other than "they're in our division", why would White Sox fans hate Cleveland?
View attachment 96235
I mean, I don't feel bad about it. Hate Cleveland all you want. But I'm just curious if there's some back-story to this. Did Cleveland steal their prize donkey, or something?

Edit - laughing emoji.
View attachment 96236
1791740611315.gif
 
Upvote 0
I'm not a huge baseball fan. I've always rooted for Indians / Guardians, but I might have watched 50 innings all season long, before the playoffs.
Other than "they're in our division", why would White Sox fans hate Cleveland?
View attachment 96235
I mean, I don't feel bad about it. Hate Cleveland all you want. But I'm just curious if there's some back-story to this. Did Cleveland steal their prize donkey, or something?

Edit - laughing emoji.
View attachment 96236
I think mostly the divisional thing. I don’t have much love for the White Sox, but I hate the Cubs more if we’re talking Chicago. Yankees, Red Sox and Tigers are higher up my hate list as far as the American League goes.

We did have a pretty epic showdown with that asshole Jack Parkman though. Maybe ChiSox fans are still hurt about that.

jack-parkman-major-league-ii-1994.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Back
Top