• Follow us on Twitter @buckeyeplanet and @bp_recruiting, like us on Facebook! Enjoy a post or article, recommend it to others! BP is only as strong as its community, and we only promote by word of mouth, so share away!
  • Consider registering! Fewer and higher quality ads, no emails you don't want, access to all the forums, download game torrents, private messages, polls, Sportsbook, etc. Even if you just want to lurk, there are a lot of good reasons to register!

The Next Dismissal (merged)

Plum Diamonds Lab Grown Diamond Rings

Highstreet

Heisman
I have a feeling someones rep is receiving multiple dings...

Reasons he is not going to Florida

1. Meyer brought his hand picked guy (Josh Portis) in with him last year. That is the guy he promised would lead his team into the future. Probably before he even knew Tebow had UF connections....
 

wadc45

Bourbon, Bow Ties and Baseball Hats
Staff member
BP Recruiting Team
I could have made a similar list, oh I don't know, maybe a couple of years ago, about a certain, shall we say, unamed WR from Toledo who sure seemed destined to wear the S&G...wish I could think of that kids name, but I'm pretty sure he is now lining up at TE in Los Angeles...:wink2:

Just kidding...

Nice pickup Alan...just noticed that myself in the other thread.
 
Upvote 0
BuckeyeFROMscUM said:
Tebow is not in a big hurry. In June I believe he'll be in the Phillippines on a mission trip... and from what I've seen he hasn't narrowed it down a whole bunch either. We'd be smart to offer immediately after camp, IMO. I wish they would have extended him a longshot offer a while ago tho. I don't think it would have deterred the OH prospects.
I feel like Tebow is going to one of those 4 schools on his list.

'Bama, SC, Florida, or Michigan.

I am pretty confident its about 80% FL, 10% Michigan, 5% Bama and 5% SC.

Nobody is a lock in recruiting but he has ALOT of ties to Florida.....
 
Upvote 0
Holy Buckeye! said:
The Tebows ties are with God's word. Jim Tressel is the same. Don't even count the Buckeye's out of this race. We'll be a place the Tebows won't overlook.

HB
Tebow isn't going to Ohio State. They are more than likely out of it.

This kid doesn't play games and he listed a top 4. He is an intelligent kid and like he said for him it will come down to coaching.

Urban Meyer is the hottest coach out there right now and just sent Alex Smith into the NFL Draft as the #1 overall player. Scott Loeffler of Michigan is a QB guru whose coached Brian Greise, Tom Brady, John Navarre, and Chad Henne. Loeffler himself was a top 10 rated HS QB and National recruit when he was in High School so he can relate with those kids- he knows exactly what they are going through. Maybe tOSU will sneak into his top 5 at some point (which I highly doubt) but its pretty much official he is never going there. Just forget his name because he is going to Florida.
 
Upvote 0

jwinslow

A MAN OF BETRAYED JUSTICE
Staff member
Tourney Pick'em Champ
bucknuts44820 said:
rivals.com$

5/4/05

Tebow's top four schools are Florida, Michigan, Alabama and Southern Cal. He has not eliminated any school yet. USC recently offered a scholarship. OSU has not offered.
Bump for the actual news on tebow (we really need that news feature).

MFinBuckLand, the kid has flat out said he hasn't eliminated anyone. He also loves Tressel's faith as he is a diehard christian as well. From Alan's interview with him, "both indicated that it would be difficult to eliminate Ohio State if they were to offer."

Sure it's a strong possibility he goes to FL, but he's not in a rush to make a decision and we have heard from him.

Unless you are him, or you've heard from him that he's not leaving FL, and that it is down to those four schools, please don't state those things as though they are reality. These sites have to make money so they push kids for answers, and some of these prospects really aren't very far along in the decision making progress at this point. With over 40 offers or whatever he has, that's not surprising.
 
Upvote 0
Ok, believe what you want.

He is just being nice to Ohio State. He is a good kid. Its called recruit talk. Of course he isn't going to say no I hate Ohio State- I'm not going there.

Look, I want him to come to my school as bad as the next guy.

Just being a realist. He loves Scott Loeffler from Michigan, his best friend is going to Alabama, USC is the top school in the country right now- they get everybody, and he was a Florida Gator from the day he was born and has said he is very fond of Urban Meyer and that Urban gave him plays to use for his high school team and that they are going to incoporate some of what Meyer does at Florida into his High School offense.

He is a Florida Gator.
 
Upvote 0

BuckeyeNation27

Goal Goal USA!
Staff member
Former FF The Deuce Champ
MfanInBuckLand said:
Ok, believe what you want.

He is just being nice to Ohio State. He is a good kid. Its called recruit talk. Of course he isn't going to say no I hate Ohio State- I'm not going there.

Look, I want him to come to my school as bad as the next guy.

Just being a realist. He loves Scott Loeffler from Michigan, his best friend is going to Alabama, USC is the top school in the country right now- they get everybody, and he was a Florida Gator from the day he was born and has said he is very fond of Urban Meyer and that Urban gave him plays to use for his high school team and that they are going to incoporate some of what Meyer does at Florida into his High School offense.

He is a Florida Gator.
nobody is saying he will be a buckeye.....but your complete dismissal is laughable. you have no inside knowledge. please
27.gif
 
Upvote 0
BuckeyeNation27 said:
nobody is saying he will be a buckeye.....but your complete dismissal is laughable. you have no inside knowledge. please
27.gif
Yes, I do have inside knowledge. His head used to coach at my old high school.

He doesn't like Ohio State very much and they aren't a real contender for him. He likes Florida ALOT.
 
Upvote 0

jwinslow

A MAN OF BETRAYED JUSTICE
Staff member
Tourney Pick'em Champ
MfanInBuckLand said:
Yes, I do have inside knowledge. His head used to coach at my old high school.

He doesn't like Ohio State very much and they aren't a real contender for him. He likes Florida ALOT.
Which high school is that?

If you want to be treated as anything other than a boisterous poster who has an opinion that he knows is a fact, you should probably qualify your statements of fact ahead of time. One of your posts says that USC gets everyone... and then two sentences later says he'll be a gator. So it's not hard to see why you're being perceived as slightly less then credible.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
BuckeyeFROMscUM said:
Which high school is that?

If you want to be treated as anything other than a boisterous poster who has an opinion that he knows is a fact, you should probably qualify your statements of fact ahead of time. One of your posts says that USC gets everyone... and then two sentences later says he'll be a gator. So it's not hard to see why you're being perceived as slightly less then credible.
That would be Allen D. Nease outside of St. Augustine.

And I was referring to as why he was considering USC.

USC is in everybody's top 5 and usually does get every one. I am just telling you what I've heard many times. He is going to Florida.
 
Upvote 0

jwinslow

A MAN OF BETRAYED JUSTICE
Staff member
Tourney Pick'em Champ
Yes Tebow plays for Nease, we know.

I was asking which high school you were from that the coach used to be at.

Continuing to shout out that he's GOING TO BE AT FLORIDA isn't going to make your stay a very long one. IF, and its a big if, you're source is true then you have a good reason to say he's a heavy UF lean. But the attitude really needs to be checked.
 
Upvote 0

Alan

Banned
Mfan....

Looks to me like you've been reading scout and rivals pretty well.....

Let me just say this.....there are some things about UF that have Tebow considering other schools....i wont get into what here....but, if it weren't for those he would be a UF lock...

He does like Loeffler and UM...

USC is not an option...

Ohio State, if they decide to get in the game will be in his top 5.....

How often does your coach friend see Tebow during the day at school?
 
Upvote 0
BuckeyeFROMscUM said:
Yes Tebow plays for Nease, we know.

I was asking which high school you were from that the coach used to be at.

Continuing to shout out that he's GOING TO BE AT FLORIDA isn't going to make your stay a very long one. IF, and its a big if, you're source is true then you have a good reason to say he's a heavy UF lean. But the attitude really needs to be checked.
Nease is the HS I went to. I played fullback and safety for Coach. I currently live in Shaker Heights, Ohio. I am originally from St. Augustine, FL. I went to college in Kent State and I stayed in Ohio.

Don't ask me why I still live here. I don't really know why. Its depressing.
 
Upvote 0
Top